Thursday, July 30, 2009

Cool days make me think of fall recipes....

So with these cold mornings I've been craving all my favorite "fall" foods... so since I have been REALLY bad and have not posted anything in WAY too long... I thought I'd post one of my favorite fall meals.

A good white chicken chili with either home-made cornbread or just some good tortilla chips.


White Chicken Chili

· 2 cans of Northern White Beans (15oz)
· 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
· 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
· 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
· 1 & ½ cups instant rice
· 1 ½ tsp garlic, chopped
· 2 cans chopped green chilis (4.5 oz)
· 2 tsp cumin
· 1 tsp oregano
· 1 & ½ tsp cayenne pepper
· 1 tsp salt
· 1 tsp pepper (or to taste)
· 1 lb boneless chicken (cut into small pieces) **Or 2 cans all white chicken meat to cut down on cooking time**
· 1 can chicken broth (14.5 oz)
· 1 cup half and half
· 12 oz. Sour cream
Cook chicken with onion and garlic. Mix in everything but the creams (heavy and sour). Bring to a rolling boil for a couple min. (to cook the rice). Reduce heat and add sour cream and heavy cream, stirring until mixed. Serve hot topped with grated cheese. Serves about 8.
.................Ok and I'll try to be better about posting!

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I'm going to have to try this. It looks very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the recipe looks fantastic and I am definitely getting ready for fall to arrive! :)

    ReplyDelete