Saturday, November 6, 2010

Couponing

So I have a new hobby and its "Couponing" :) My dear friend Andrea has been teaching me the ropes and its very addicting! Thank you Andrea! I thought that since I haven't posted a blog in almost a year this could be something to add to it.

RiteAid 11/3/2010 - RiteAid offers weekly sales as well as RiteAid rewards (you earn RiteAid dollars on certain items each week and they print out at the end of your transaction and you spend them just like cash at RiteAid for your next transaction) ok now this one was pretty cool... retail value was $67.75 and I paid $11.69 BUT got $10 UP-Reward RiteAid dollars for my next trip... so really I got it for $1.69!
(Yes it looks like a small amount for a pre-coupon total of $67 but those two little blue boxes are $20 each and we got them for FREE + $5 RiteAid bucks... (they are OneTouch Delica devices that we don't use but I can now donate them to CareNet and someone who needs them gets them for FREE!)

And this transaction was at Super Wal-Mart.
Should have been: $64.40 for $33.52
Body Wash @ 5.00 x3 (I'm using one)
Secret Clinical Deodorant @7.94 x2
Shaving Cream @ 1.48
Venus Razor Cartridge @ 14.47
Venus Razor Cartridge @ 11.97
Well I had 3 coupons that gave me an Olay Body Wash FREE with purchase of any Secret Deodorant Purchase AND I had 2 coupons that said you got a FREE Secret deodorant with purchase of any Venus Razor Blades.... SO I got the Olay for FREE and the Secret for FREE... I spent 33.52 and that was only paying for the razor blades, shaving cream and tax :)

Did you know that Ingles doubles any manufacturer coupons under .50 cents?? And that Bi-Lo will double them under .65 cents?? And I never new thought to use manufacturer coupons on items that are on a store-ran sale. And even deeper that I didn't know if something was on a buy one get one free (B1G1) store sale that you can use 2 manufacturer coupons and sometimes get the item for FREE or close to it! .... all this is just the tip of the iceberg... I still have so much to learn and I thought that I could start sharing some of my recent coupon trip finds on here.
Here are some great coupon sites (some to learn the art and some to print coupons)
www.SouthernSavers.com is an awesome site where she teaches the art as well as takes the time to post all the weeks steals for different stores.
www.Coupons.com is a great place to print off manufacturer coupons and they change regularly.
I now find myself looking online at Ingles, Bi-Los, RiteAid and CVS at the weekly sale inserts and making my "plan of attack." Its a pretty good feeling to leave a store and think wow my bill WOULD have been $67 bucks but I really got everything for $1.69... YES that happened this week!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this is just crazy! I'm going to have to learn from you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are writting some interesting and Best content i also bookmark this url....You guys are writing some Amazing tips. This article really helped me a lot. Thanks for sharing this. Totally Awesome Post Please Keep Posting Regulary... you are totally awesome...
    Amazon-Coupons
    Floweraura-Coupons
    Printland Coupons
    Nearbuy Coupons
    Ebay Coupons

    ReplyDelete