Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Jurassic Park 2



Ok so I know this is SO late! I'm sorry......

So here is a little story.... from our lil' life.....

Once apon a time in a far away land it rained for days and days and days..... oh ok so it was Franklin, NC and it rained for 3 days pretty much non-stop. Much more than our ground could hold. Well there was this lil' train that lives close to a River and it was just minding its own business and the water kept creeping up and up.

We were having fun watching it rise... until we realized that "hmmmm..... this is about to come over the driveway and land lock the train" And sure enough it did.


Above Videos: This was how Chris had to get to work the next day.

So this next video is something that I would have expected to see on National Geographic.... there were quite a few of these mounds just floating around on top of the marshy water. Under closer inspection these are actually mounds of ants. The top layer is just moving all about like crazy and I guess the ones of the bottom have given their lives to save the rest. The have everything that would have been in there "hill" eggs included. Pretty crazy and made me SO glad that I didn't "bump" into one when I just thought it was a pile of grass.....

So all in all a pretty crazy lil evening. Oh and Chris had to canoe to work for the first time ever... lets hope it is also the last :) But a cool story. We are very thankful that the water never actually made it up to the train. And I feel very sorry for the homes and families that this amount of water did make it to the properties.

Just a random day in "my lil' life"....

1 comment:

  1. Becky, that is CRAZY! Thanks for sharing though... I got a kick out of those videos! yikes!

    ReplyDelete